TravelLast update: 15/04/2021
The current health situation requires everyone to refer to the information available on the two pages accessible by clicking on the buttons below before making a trip to and from the Principality of Monaco.
The Government recommends not to go to the Department of the Alpes Maritimes except for compelling reasons. The Alpes Maritimes Department is confined.
- Before going abroad, find out about the country’s risk level and consult the site diplomatie.gouv.fr.
- Anyone coming from a risk area must either provide a negative PCR test, carried out in their country of origin, 72 hours before their arrival in the Principality, or undergo an on-site PCR test involving confinement in the ‘waiting for the result.
- For your trips to France, residents who wish to travel to the Alpes Maritimes or Var Departments for a period of more than 24 hours, a PCR test is required. If the trip to these two departments is less than 24 hours, the PCR test is not required. For all trips beyond the Alpes Maritimes or Var Departments, a negative PCR test of less than 72 hours is required.
- You are going to Monaco or coming back to Monaco after your vacation: In order to protect the population residing in the Principality, the Government requires any resident returning from holidays outside the Principality to make an appointment at the call center (92055500) in order to to carry out a PCR test upon his return to the Principality. (Except for stays of less than 24 hours in the Departments of Alpes Maritimes or Var).
- For travel abroad (eg vacation), please follow this link.