Going outLast update: 17/05/2021
The Principality is not under lockdown, but a curfew is in place.
However, an exemption is granted for restaurant customers who will need the certificate available for download here.
Social distancing rules and preventive measures have been strengthened.
In short, travel by any person outside their place of residence between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. is prohibited, with the exception of travel for the following reasons:
- travel between the place of residence and the place of exercise of the professional activity or the place of education or training
- travel for consultations and care that cannot be provided remotely and cannot be postponed or for the purchase of health products
- travel for pressing family reasons, for assistance to vulnerable or precarious people or for childcare
- travel to respond to a judicial or administrative summons
- travel to participate in missions of general interest at the request of the administrative authority
- short trips for the needs of pets
Weddings can be held at City Hall with a maximum of 15 people in attendance (including the couple, witnesses and relatives).
Marriage files can only be drawn up by appointment (Phone: 93 15 28 66).
Wearing a mask, covering the mouth and nose, is compulsory:
- on public roads
- in outdoor public spaces
- in underground parking lots
- in all enclosed spaces open to the public,
- in all establishments open to the public,
- in all industrial buildings and in all buildings used as offices, unless the operator is in individual work and does not accommodate the public or if dividers at least 95 centimeters high from the desk top have been installed between the workstations
- in the common areas of private enclosed spaces
- in all public and private elevators
- in public transport, taxis and large vehicles
However, this obligation does not apply to children under the age of five and to people engaged in outdoor sports. In the latter case, the person is nevertheless required to be in possession of a mask and to wear it as soon as they stop practicing sports.
Wearing a mask is recommended in private places in the presence of others, particularly if it is a person outside the home or a vulnerable person.
Yes, the curfew is in effect from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
Anyone aged over five years old must wear a mask in all public spaces and in shared areas of private spaces in the Principality (e.g. on buses, in shopping malls, public lifts, etc).
Please note: Those engaging in sport outdoors, such as joggers, do not have to wear a mask, but they must carry one in their pocket in case they stop jogging, etc.
As provided for in Article 29 of the Penal Code, the amount of the fine for not wearing a mask is set for each class of contraventions according to the following categories:
- In case of default: from 75 to 200 euros
- In the event of a repeat offense: from 200 to 600 euros
- In the event of a third ticket in a month: from 1,000 to 2,250 euros (article 26 of the Criminal Code)
YES, shops are open in the Principality. Masks must be worn.
Attendance gauge is limited to 1 person for 6 m2.
A maximum of two people per shopping cart is highly recommended.
Yes, I can take my pet out for a short time near my home without a proof of need to travel form.
Meetings outdoors must comply with health measures, including mask wearing and reasonable social distancing.
Otherwise, the Government strongly recommends limiting smoking, coffee or meal breaks between several people and the need to adopt a static position in such a situation.
This is not prohibited, but we strongly recommend that you take the same health precautions at home as you would in public. All gatherings of more than six people remain prohibited.
Whether you are with friends or family, you are strongly advised to maintain social distancing as well as the wearing of masks to avoid facilitating the spread of the virus, which is still out there.
The health authorities have noted that nearly half of all infections occur at large family parties. It is therefore strongly recommended to avoid big gatherings of friends or family, adhering to a maximum of six people and visiting only when absolutely necessary for health reasons or to provide assistance.
Wearing a mask is also recommended when you are around vulnerable people or those from outside your household.
No. I can go to the hospital for imperative care and emergency reasons without any proof of need to travel form.
Yes, but subject to conditions. Please contact homes for details of practical arrangements.
Yes, you can provide assistance to a member of your family without proof.
The following health measures apply:
- Wearing a mask is compulsory for drivers and travelers from 5 years old
- On-board sales are available on condition that the exact amount is prepared in advance
- The sale is also available via the 12 automatic ticket machines spread over the territory of the Principality and the shop 22/24 rue du Gabian open from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm from Monday to Friday
The following terms continue to apply:
- Buses are disinfected twice a day
- Hydro-alcoholic gel dispensers have been installed in each bus
- Passenger information on the direction of movement on ascent, descent and in the bus is displayed on the ground and on the doors of the bus
- Getting off the front of the bus is prohibited