Restaurants, bars, hotels, casinos
Restaurants, bars, hotels, casinosLast update: 12/01/2021
Restaurants are open for lunch only, between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
However, they are closed for dinner .
They can, however, sell take away until 7 p.m.
The Prince’s Government has decided that until the 19 February, several new measures are to be introduced for restaurants:
- From Monday 11 January, the restaurants will be closed for dinner service
- They will be open only for lunch service and to restaurants will be limited solely to residents of Monaco and those who work in the country or who are stying in a hotel within the Principality
- Takeaway sales will be forbidden after 7 pm
- Deliveries are permitted until 9 pm
- All of the measures currently in force will be maintained, including the curfew, the closure of bars and nightclubs, and mandatory wearing of masks. These measures have so far helped to keep the virus in check
- The Government is not ruling out strengthening measures to combat COVID-19 should developments in the health situation in the Principality require such action
- Between 11 am and 3 pm, only seated restaurant service (lunch) is permitted (whatever the establishment), with or without the serving of drinks
- Serving drinks without food is not permitted
- Before 11 am, between 3 pm and 7 pm, it is forbidden to serve food and drink on the premises
- Service must be undertaken during the authorised time slots and only at the table by the restaurant staff (taking orders, serving and payment)
- Takeaway sales are permitted until 7 pm, provided that customers adhere strictly to the curfew times
- Deliveries are permitted between 6 am and 7 pm
- Bar activities in hotels are authorized for their customers only
- The breakfast service in hotels is authorized for their customers only
Health measures and distancing:
- An advance booking is required for evening service in restaurants
- Tables are limited to 6 people (maximum), and there must be a distance of 50cm between people and 1,5 m or a physical separator (Plexiglas) between tables
- No more than two people can sit at round tables known as "bistro" tables
- Restaurant bench seating is permitted, provided that diners can eat at a table of standard height and there is a minimum distance of 50 centimetres between each customer
- The consumption of food or drink at high bar tables (with or without seats), sofas and other lounge-type couches, as well as low tables, are prohibited
- Staff need to wear masks, but this will not apply to customers
- Menus must be available digitally on smartphones
- Individual condiments must be provided for each table to limit physical contact
- Background music is not permitted
- Valet services will be permitted provided that contact surfaces are disinfected every time
- For the lunch service, a marked organization of the queues must be put in place if they are not avoidable, the wearing of mask is mandatory in the queues
Between 11 am to 3 pm, only seated restaurant service (lunch) is permitted (whatever the establishment), with or without the serving of drinks.
NO. Serving drinks without food is not permitted.
No. Platters and dishes intended for sharing are forbidden (such as tapas, platters, cured meats, etc).
No more than two people can sit at round tables known as "bistro" tables.
Restaurant bench seating is permitted, provided that diners can eat at a table of standard height and there is a minimum distance of 50 centimetres between each customer.
NO. Tables (with or without seats), at which customers stand, sofas and other lounge-type couches, as well as low tables, are prohibited at all times.
Yes, takeaway sales are permitted until 07 pm.
Yes, deliveries are permitted between 6 am and 9 pm.
No, on-site bar, snack, drinking establishments, breakfast service, ice cream parlor and tea or coffee shop activities are prohibited with the exception of hotel bars which may remain open until 'at 10 p.m. for customers staying on site.
However, restaurant customers may benefit from the establishment's bar activities at their table during lunch or dinner.
The State is funding strengthened provisions for total temporary layoff at a rate of 100%.
The Monte-Carlo Casinos open at 12 pm and close at 07 pm.
The reopening of nightclubs is not on the agenda at the moment.