PurchasesLast update: 15/06/2021
Wearing a mask is mandatory indoors and outdoors in a number of places. You can consult the list by clicking here.
A number of measures are in place to make this as safe as possible from a health point of view. These include:
- Maintenance of a safe distance of 1 m from others
- Maximum capacity of one person per 6m2 (in shops open to the public, including employees)
- In healthcare practices, hairdressing salons, etc., access will be managed using an appointment system
- Introduction of directional floor signage in shops and markings to avoid queues at tills
- Ventilation of shops
In addition to measures aimed at businesses, the Prince's Government has created the Red and White Funds, which aim to support traders' economic recovery by encouraging as many residents and commuters as possible to make purchases in Monaco.
You can thus note:
- The possibility of giving gift vouchers to be used exclusively in the Principality's shops and restaurants
- Free use of Monaco public car parks with a purchase
- Introduction of vouchers for travel around the Principality and to/from Nice-Airport with Taxis de Monaco
- Restaurant vouchers
- Aid to associations, particularly sports and cultural associations, which are suffering a significant financial impact as a result of the health crisis
Shops which remain open must put in place preventive measures, particularly :
- A distance of 1 meter 50 between each person
- Not more than 1person/6m²
- Strong recommendation of 2 people per cart in food stores
- 1 person/4m² in common parts of shopping centres
- Indicate the capacity of the shops on a sign at the entrance
- Health professionnals offices, haidressers... : only on appointment
- Materialize on the ground a "circuit" of forward movement in the shops, markings to avoid queues at the checkout and ensure ventilation of the shops
Moreover, wearing a mask is mandatory for all clients inside the shop or in the queue.
All measures that must be put in place are available on Public Service for Businesses website.