Antigen testLast update: 15/06/2021
The antigen test looks for proteins on the surface of the virus. They are only detectable if the virus is alive. The antigen test is done from a nasal swab taken with a swab. It doesn’t have to be sent to a lab.
The result is quick. The waiting time can vary from 10 to 30 minutes.
In the event of an antigen test result, it should be confirmed by a more reliable PCR test.
- If you are travelling to Italy or another country that accepts an antigen test result for entry
- If you would like to be tested and have not been identified as a high or low risk contact
- If you have had symptoms for less than four days
You will be considered as a confirmed COVID case. You should continue to self-isolate at home for 10 days from the onset of symptoms, unless advised otherwise by a medical professional. A doctor will contact you.
I can get tested at any age at:
- Medical biology laboratories
From age 12 up, at:
- Chemists Monaco
- Red Cross first aiders
- Military Force soldiers
- Police Department staff
It is quicker than the PCR test and gives a result in 15-30 minutes.
The 13 chemists offering the test, by appointment and with or without a prescription are:
- Pharmacie de l’Annonciade
- Pharmacie de l’Estoril
- Pharmacie de Fontvieille
- Pharmacie Internationale
- Pharmacie du Jardin Exotique
- Pharmacie des Moulins
- Pharmacie de Monte-Carlo
- Pharmacie Wehrel
- Pharmacie Ferry
- Pharmacie Bughin
- Pharmacie Rocher
- Pharmacie Plati
- Pharmacie Médecin
YES the antigen test is covered by the compulsory health insurance plan.