EducationLast update: 15/04/2021
The outdoor PE lessons have resumed on Monday April 26, 2021.
In the event of a positive case within a class, it will be closed after an epidemiological investigation by the health authorities.
- In kindergarten, as soon as a positive case is revealed among the students (due to not wearing a mask)
- From the elementary level, the closing of the class can be pronounced from 3 people tested positive in the same class, in the event of suspicion of contamination in school environment.
For people considered to be low-risk contact cases (not placed in eviction), PCR tests will continue to be performed in schools.
For people considered to be high-risk contact cases (eg breaking the wearing of a mask during lunch), they will be evicted whether or not they are vaccinated.
In application of the ministerial decisions in force, the main health measures implemented in schools are:
- Hand washing and disinfection, several times a day
- The provision of hydro-alcoholic gel
- Wearing a mask is compulsory for all staff and students from CP
- Limiting student mixing
- Respect for distance
- Reinforced disinfection and ventilation of the premises
These measures have demonstrated their effectiveness throughout the past school year: schools have welcomed all students face-to-face and no school closures linked to COVID-19 have been declared.
From Year 2 (CP) upwards, children will need to wear a mask all day.
Please wear a mask outside schools and sports facilities and avoid gathering in crowds; comply with barrier measures and ensure that children comply too.
If your child or a member of your family starts to show symptoms of COVID-19, and particularly if they have a fever (38°C or higher), do not send your child to school.
Call your usual doctor, who will advise you on what to do.