I’m a trader, can I stay open?
I’m a trader, can I stay open?Last update: 04/05/2020
Yes, but under certain conditions such as regulating customer access.
- A safe distance of 1.5 m between people must be maintained.
- A maximum capacity of one person per 4 m2 (in shops open to the public, including employees) must be adhered to.
- In the common areas of shopping centres, capacity should be one person per 10 m2.
- Shop capacities should be indicated on a notice placed at the entrance.
- In healthcare practices, hairdressing salons, etc., access must be managed using an appointment system.
- Shops must also introduce directional floor signage and markings to avoid queues at tills and ensure adequate ventilation.
Finally, all customers wishing to enter shops or businesses must wear masks, both inside the store and while queueing outside.
Please note that regarding restaurants, snack bars and bars, the closure to the public is extended after May 4th and until further notice. Only take-away sales and home delivery are allowed. No consumption on the premises or even on the terrace will be possible.
All the measures to be implemented for different types of businesses can be found on the Public Service for Businesses website.